I'm new to Sansar, but I'm very familiar with various other social VR systems.
I really like the worlds I see in Sansar, and I look forward to spending more time here.
However, I do have a few suggestions...
- I can't find people. I just happened to see the invite to the Hollywood art exhibit in my email, and went there while it was happening. This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone else in Sansar. Is there no way to simply find out what experiences people are currently in? I want to do this in-world, without having to go to Discord or a website.
- UI elements seem to counter-rotate when I turn my head. I could understand if they stayed put in world space where they first appear. I could understand if they "tagged along" as my avatar moves, but stayed in the same position relative to my avatar. Either of those would make sense. But when I turn my head right, the UI moves to the left! I've never seen that before, and it's really counter-intuitive. I suspect it's simply a bug -- the UI is supposed to rotate *towards* my head, not away from it.
- Speaking of UI -- why do I have a gaze cursor when I have hands? I have to look at UI elements with my head, but then use my controller to select them! Very weird, and again counter-intuitive.
- Related to that, I seem to have little mini-lasers coming out from my hands. They would make sense if I could use them to interact with the UI, but I can't.
- Speaking of interaction, I can't seem to interact with objects in the world. I was in the Star Wars exhibit (which was very cool, by the way!) but couldn't find any way to push the buttons to hear the audio recordings.
- I can pick objects up, but they seem to lag behind when I move my hand. I suspect you're telling the object to track my hand location, so you're updating at the network sync rate. Unfortunately, this makes the objects almost unusable. I would recommend parenting them to my hand locally for instantaneous response, and letting me (as the person holding the object) be the definitive source for its position/orientation.
- I like the fact that I can target people and see their names, rather than having the names floating there all the time. That's one instance when a gaze cursor actually does make sense. However, I can't mute people or add them as friends because I have no way to interact with their menus.
- People disappear when I get close to them. I understand why, but I think the bubble is too large. I should also be able to disable my personal space bubble.
- In experiences that have a lot of reverb (like the Star Wars hangar) I hear by own voice delayed by several seconds. Really distracting! I understand the desire for verisimilitude, and I realize that in the real world I would certainly hear my own voice, but it was almost impossible to have a conversation because I was constantly being interrupted by my own echo.
- I couldn't find a way to capture/share screenshots. I can do it using SteamVR, of course, but it would make sense to have that functionality built-in.
- I'm sure you've heard this a lot, but I'll mention it anyway. The controls make me nauseous! I want to turn to my left, and instead of step-turning I end up spinning wildly around. Gak! If you don't want to step-turn, at least slow the turning rate down to something reasonable. Other social VR systems have this figured out pretty well, so I recommend doing something similar.
Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. I realize I literally just got here, and I'm already full of annoying suggestions. Sorry about that! :-)