Sansar Build Challenge – Sansar's Scariest
Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Sansar™ Build Challenge – Sansar's Scariest (the “Contest”) is organized by Linden Research, Inc., (identified in more detail in Section 11 herein) (the “Sponsor” or “Linden Lab”).
1. DURATION. The Contest begins at 10:00am PDT September 1, 2017 (the “Start Date”) and ends on 5:00pm PDT October 15, 2017 (the “Deadline”).
2. ENTRY. The Sponsor is looking for a user-created environment (each an “Experience”) that is the best, most frightening, and fun to explore (the “Theme”) listed in the Sansar Atlas (the “Atlas”).
To create and submit an entry, entrants must:
- Log on to your Sansar account between the Start Date and Deadline.
- Create an Experience in accordance with the Theme.
- List the Experience in the Sansar Atlas.
- Email email@example.com with:
- “Creator Contest – Scary Experience” as the subject line;
- a link to your Experience; and
- your Sansar user name.
All entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
Content Guidelines. The entry must not contain material that:
- Violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Disparages Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- Contains brand names or trademarks other than those of the Sansar universe;
- Is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Violates the Sansar Terms and Conditions, available at https://www.sansar.com/terms, or any other Linden Lab policy; and
- Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where entry is created.
Submissions that comply with the above Content Guidelines will be referred to as “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
Entries generated by any means that violate Linden Lab’s Terms of Service are void. Uploading an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant associated with an Entry, and in the absence of convincing evidence to the contrary, as determined by Sponsor, the authorized account holder will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the email address used to register for the Sansar account by an Internet Service Provider. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
A. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
- Have a Sansar account, Internet access, and access to a personal computer.
Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes. B. Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRIES.
A. Determination of Winners. The winners will be determined as follows:
- Eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of members of the press selected by Linden Lab and Linden Lab representatives from its Sansar team according to the criteria set forth below, and whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- The panel of judges will award each Entry a score based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-25 points for creativity; 0-25 points for originality; 0-25 points for consistency with the theme of the Entry Category; and 0-25 points for overall impression.
- The entrant whose Entry receives the highest score shall be the First Prize Winner and the entrant whose Entry receives the second-highest score shall be the Honorable Mention Winner (each a “Winner,” and collectively, the “Winners”).
- In the unlikely event of a tie, Sponsor’s representatives shall break the tie in their sole discretion.
B. Notification to Winners. The Winners will be notified by private message or email by no later than 5:00pm PDT October 17, 2017.
C. Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
A. Description of Prizes.
- First Prize: US$10,000, one (1) Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch Virtual Reality Headset Bundle (estimated value at US$399.00), and one (1) year Super Creator Sansar Subscription* (estimated value at US$359.88)
- Honorable Mention: one year Creator Sansar subscription* (estimated value at US$119.88)
*Winners with existing Sansar subscriptions will receive the new subscription upon conclusion of the existing subscription term.
B. Estimated Total Prize package value: US$10,878.76.
C. The Winners will be contacted via private message or email. If a Winner cannot be contacted, does not respond as directed within two (2) days of attempted notification, refuses the prize(s) or is ineligible to accept the prize(s), prize(s) may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
D. No substitutions of the prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted by the Winners. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value for any reason.
E. All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
F. The Winners may have their Entries posted on the official Sansar sites, including but not limited to Linden Lab’s Sansar forum, https://twitter.com/SansarOfficial, and https://twitter.com/LindenLab. Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, each Winner hereby gives Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prizes, the Contest, or Sansar, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, Sansar or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to you other than that set out herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Winners will be given an opportunity to decline inclusion in such advertising and promotions without affecting their eligibility to receive the prizes.
G. Each Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, IRS W-9 or W-8BEN Form (or other applicable tax form) and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within two (2) days of attempted notification in order to claim prizes.
H. Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
A. You represent and warrant that your Entry is:
- Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
- Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an Entry.
B. You agree to:
- Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by private message and/or email; and
- Sign any requested documentation set forth in Section 5 herein, including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that your Entry is a winning Entry.
C. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
D. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California, without regard for its conflict of laws principles.
E. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability, any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; typographical, printing or other errors.
F. Illegible, incomplete, duplicate and mechanically reproduced Entries will be disqualified.
G. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render the submitting Entrants ineligible.
H. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
I. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Entrant's eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other Contest run by Sponsor.
J. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select the Winners from Entries received prior to the action taken.
K. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible Entries or Entries that are lost due to computer, Internet, or electronic malfunction.
- By entering this Contest, you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Each Winner releases the Sponsor, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
- For residents of the EU: The provisions of B and C of this Section do not apply to claims against Sponsor, its representatives and its vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsor, its representatives or vicarious agents. In such circumstances, the release will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each Winner acknowledges that Sponsor, and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
B. Any personal data you submit in association with this Contest will be stored on a server in the United States of America. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acknowledgement to the storage of your personal data in the United States of America and its use there for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing (e.g., but not limited to back-up, archiving). This server is controlled by the Sponsor who is not a participant in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Framework. Your personal data will be stored on these servers and used for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing of Entries.
C. By entering this Contest, you agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as the potential Winner and for prize delivery.
D. For Residents of France Only: Pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The data controller is Sponsor. The recipient of your personal data is the Sponsor. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
E. For Residents of Germany Only: Pursuant to the German Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to information about the personal data stored about you, including its origin, recipient or categories of recipients of the data and the purpose of the storage. In addition, you have the right of correction and, in certain circumstances, to disabling and deletion of your data and, in certain circumstances, the right to object to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. To exercise such right, you may write to: email@example.com.
F. For Residents of United Kingdom Only: Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise your right to access and modify the personal information about you stored by Sponsor by writing to email@example.com, and detailing your request.
9. WINNER LIST. Each Winner’s Entry and/or usernames may be posted on the official Sansar site and related social channels. After November 13, 2017, the Winners’ usernames can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Linden Research, Inc., ATTN: Community, 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111. Do not send Entries or other correspondence to this address.
10. SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other provisions will remain unaffected.
11. SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Linden Research, Inc., 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
© 2017 Linden Research, Inc. Linden Lab, Sansar, and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.