You can import custom animations for use as avatar emotes. The file must be in .FBX format.
To import a custom emote:
- Open the Lookbook by choosing Create > Style my avatar from the menu buttons.
Choose Style My Avatar from the Create menu.
- Select an avatar look and click the Customize button to open the avatar look editor.
- Select the Animation tab in the Avatar panel.
- Click the Library tab at the top of the Avatar panel.
- Click the Import button to open the Import Character Animation panel.
Click Import to import an emote animation.
- Click Browse and choose a .FBX file from your computer. The .FBX file must contain an animation or it will fail to import.
- Enter a name for the animation in the Name of item in inventory field.
- Click the Import button.
- Wait for the import to finish, then click the Close button to close the Import Character Animation panel.
- The imported emote animation now appears in the Library tab of the Animation tab in the Avatar panel.
See Previewing and setting custom emotes to learn how to set a custom animation on an emote slot.