‘Twas the night before Friday, and all through the Lab, not a creature was stirring, not even a gaming mouse. Wait, we were totally stirring and cramming stockings with new features and improvements. Happy update to all, and to all a good night!
New presen… er, features
With this release we added the first pass at an avatar Level of Detail (LoD) system. It should allow for better performance by drawing far away avatars more efficiently while still rendering them at full detail when they get closer. Most users won't notice a visual difference but framerates should be better in crowded scenes!
- We plugged a memory leak issue in the audio system.
- The interactive mouseover actions of objects with dynamic interactions would be left behind even when the object has been moved.
- The creator content links on a user profile now appear when the profile was accessed via the Atlas.
- Crouch animation now adjust in accordance to the avatar's scale value.
- Hair items attached to an avatar now fit small avatars properly while in an experience.