You can use VIVE Trackers to track the positions of your right foot, left foot, and waist for improved body tracking and avatar movement in Sansar.
|An avatar dancing in Sansar with full body tracking in VR.|
For each tracker:
- In SteamVR, choose Devices > Pair Controller.
Choose Devices > Pair Controller.
- Hold down the VIVE Tracker's button until it syncs with SteamVR.
- Follow the onscreen setup instructions to complete pairing the Tracker.
|Note: For full details on pairing and maintaining your VIVE Tracker, please see the VIVE's official support documentation.|
To set up each tracker for use in Sansar:
- Launch Sansar.
- In SteamVR, choose Devices > Configure Controller. If you are prompted to choose an application, choose Sansar.
- Each of the trackers you have just set up should appear as "Vive Tracker in Hand". Select one and then click Manage.
- On the Manage Trackers page, click Held in Hand and change it to one of the following:
- Left foot
- Right foot
- Repeat this process for the remaining trackers until you have set one Tracker each for Left foot, Right foot, and Waist.
As of April 30, 2019, there is a bug in SteamVR can cause VIVE Trackers to become unrecognized in Sansar. To work around this issue:
- In SteamVR, choose Devices > Configure Controller.
- Under Current Binding, click Edit.
- Add, then remove any button mapping. You can add a button mapping by clicking the Power + symbol.
- Select Edit action pose and set it to Unused, then back to Pose.
- Save your local changes and go back to Sansar.