Portals are a way to easily travel between worlds with a group of friends. When you open a portal, it appears at your location and stays open for up to two minutes. While the portal is open, other visitors may click it to travel to the world you have provided.
Opening a portal using the Codex
The easiest way to open a portal is to use the Codex:
- Choose Go > Codex from the main menu to open your Codex.
- Click one of the tabs under Worlds.
- Choose a world and view its details by clicking the world's thumbnail image (but not the Visit button).
- In the world details panel, click the Create a portal to this world button to open the portal at your location. The portal stays open for up to two minutes, or until you open another portal.
|View a world's details in the Codex and click Create a portal to this world to immediately create a portal at your location.|
Opening a portal using Nearby Chat
You can open a portal using the Nearby tab of the Chat panel by using the
- If the Chat panel is not already open, open it by choosing Socialize > Chat from the main menu.
- On the Nearby tab of the Chat panel, enter the command
/portal, followed by a valid world URL.
- Press Enter or click Send Message to open the portal at your location. The portal stays open for up to two minutes, or until you open another portal.
|Note: You may only have one portal open at a time. If you open a second portal, the first one closes immediately.|
|To open a portal, enter
||When a valid URL is used with the
In order to open a portal, you must first obtain the URL of the world you would like to visit. You can easily get a world's URL from the Codex:
- Open the Codex by choosing Go > Codex from the main menu.
- Find your desired world and view its details by clicking its thumbnail (but not the Visit button).
- Click the Copy this world URL button to copy the world's URL to your clipboard.
|View a world's details in the Codex and click the Copy this world URL button to copy the URL to your clipboard.|
To travel through an open portal, you must move close enough to it that the portal's name appears when you hover your mouse or VR pointer over it. Then, click the portal and agree to the prompt in order to follow the portal's creator to the new destination.
|Move close to the portal, click it. A new nacigation window will appear and you can then click "Visit" to head to your destination.|
but how DO you click? what control button is click?. using htc vive pro