SANSAR HAS LAUNCHED ON STEAM!
As of today, December 5th, we are officially live on Steam!
We wanted to give a huge thank you to our current community who have been so supportive, and to extend a warm “Welcome” to all our new community members joining us from Steam!
You can find us on Steam as an Early Access Game, where we’re free to download. Even better, you’ll get to enjoy all the benefits of Steam as a social platform for gamers including full access to our Steam Community Hub!
As reminder, as part of our effort to get onto Steam we have had to make alterations to our currency model, details of which can be found in this blog post.
We can’t wait for you to take this step with us, and we’d love your help in spreading the word!
Here are some things you can do if you’d like to help out:
- Leave a review on Steam!
- Host an Event!
- Enter our Sokoban Puzzle challenges!
- Make something to sell on the store!
- Share videos and screenshots of you in Sansar!
- Stream Sansar on Twitch!
- Tell your friends!
Be sure to check out events.sansar.com - or find the Events tab in Sansar - to see what events we have coming up in December. You can also join our Discord if you haven’t already to hear up-to-the-minute announcements. We’ve got some great events coming up, including Comedy Gladiators: A Virtual Comedy Experience (12/10) and the Grand Finals of Star Trek Trivia (12/13)!
If you have any questions, feel free to bring them to our weekly Product Meetup Thursdays at 11am PDT in Sansar!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I have to use a Steam account or have to launch Sansar through Steam?
- No. If you have an existing Sansar account, it will still function the same way it always has. Additionally, you will still be able to launch Sansar from the desktop client. Even after we launch on Steam, you will still be able to create new Sansar accounts and download the latest Sansar client, from our website.
- You can also add Sansar (downloaded from our website) as a 3rd-party program you can launch from Steam.
- Will I be able to merge my Sansar and Steam accounts?
- No. We are not allowing account merging at this time.
- If I want to use my existing Sansar account, can I still login to Steam?
- Yes! If you are logged in to Steam, and download Sansar through the Steam platform, when you launch Sansar you will be prompted to login with the Sansar account of your choice.
- Do I have to buy Sansar dollars through Steam?
- If you created your Sansar account through Steam you have to have to use your Steam Wallet to purchase Sansar Dollars. If you created your Sansar account through our website, we will use the purchasing information we have one file.
- How do I request a cashout of my Sansar balance?
- Processing credit from Sansar into your Paypal account is temporarily on hold, but will be re-enabled in early 2019. Until then, if you would like to request a manual pyaout, you can find instructions on how to do that here.