You can create your own events in Sansar.
To add an event:
- Choose Create > Host an event from the main menu.
- In the Create Event panel, enter the following information:
- Choose starting content - Choose a scene template from the dropdown. This determines the content of the event's world.
- Event name - Enter a name for the event.
- Image: Upload an image for the event listing. The image must have a 16:9 aspect ratio, be between 480x270 and 1920x1080 pixels, and be 10mb or less.
- Description - Provide a brief description of the event to provide more information to potential visitors.
- Date - Select the date of the event from the dropdown. You may select a date several months in advance.
- Start time - Select the start time of the event from the dropdown.
- Duration - Select the duration of the event from the dropdown. Events run in 30 minute increments and may not be longer than 8 hours at this time.
- Click Save & Publish to publish your event to the Upcoming events calendar.
|The Create Event panel. Fill in the required information about your event and click Save & Publish to publish your event to the Upcoming events calendar.|
Hosting an event more than once
You can duplicate the details of your event into a new event. This is helpful if you plan on running a recurring event with the same name and description, but at a different date or time.
To host an event again:
- Choose Go > Events from the main menu to open the Codex to the Events section.
- Click the Calendar or Past events tab.
- Find the event you would like to duplicate, click it to open its details, and choose ... > Duplicate.
- The Duplicate Event panel appears, populated with the information from your existing event.
- Change the relevant details, then click Save & Publish to create a new copy of the event.
- Events take place in a new world created specifically for the event, so you must have at least one free slot in order to create the event. The world remains after the event has ended, so you must delete it in order to reclaim the slot.
- Because events take place in a newly-created experience, visitors cannot visit the event by simply visiting the world using the Codex or Prime Portal in The Nexus. Instead, visit events by using the Events section of the Codex, which can be accessed by choosing Go > Events.