Sansar’s Avatar Contest Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Sansar Avatar Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Linden Research, Inc., (identified in more detail in Section 11 herein) (the “Sponsor” or “Linden Lab”).
1. DURATION. The Contest begins at 12:00pm PDT July 18th, 2018 (the “Start Date”) and ends on 5:00pm PDT August 10th, 2018 (the “Deadline”).
2. ENTRY. Participants must have active Sansar accounts prior to their participation in the Contest.
To enter the Contest, entrants must:
- Log on to your Sansar account.
- Create a custom Avatar in Sansar. This involves importing a custom Avatar to Sansar, as well as listing the Avatar as an item on the Store (https://store.sansar.com/), at a price of creator’s discretion.
- Attend the Custom Avatar Gala (https://events.sansar.com/events/eliot-sansar/custom-avatar-gala/84fa8ff8), accessible at The Grand Halls & Gardens (the “Event”) on Friday August 10th 2018 between the hours of 1pm-3pm PDT wearing the custom Avatar.
- Be in attendance at the Event when the winner is announced.
All Avatars must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Avatar must be in accordance with Sansar’s Content guidelines.
- The Avatar must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Avatar must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Avatar must not contain brand names or trademarks;
- The Avatar must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Avatar must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Avatar must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where snapshot is created.
Avatars that comply with the above guidelines will be referred to as “Entry” or “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
Entries generated by any means that violate Linden Lab’s Terms of Service are void. Uploading an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant associated with an Entry, and in the absence of convincing evidence to the contrary, as determined by Sponsor, the authorized Sansar account holder used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the email address used to register for the Sansar account by an Internet Service Provider. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
A. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are a minor in your jurisdiction (but in no event shall you be under sixteen (16) years of age), you must provide the Entry as set forth under Section 1 (above) with your legal guardian’s approval and you must provide written approval of your entry to the Contest, and consent to these Official Rules and Conditions by your legal guardian. This written approval shall be provided within fourteen (14) days from your receipt of such request by the Sponsor;
- Have a Sansar® account, an email account, and access to a personal or tablet computer;
- Not have won a prize from Linden Lab within the last twelve (12) months; and
- Be a legal Sansar Resident.
Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional multi-step mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
B. Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRIES.
A. Determination of Winner.The winner will be determined as follows:
- Eligible Entries will be judged by one or more Linden Lab representatives, according to the criteria set forth below, and whose decision is final and binding in all respects.
- The Linden Lab representatives will award each Entry a number of points based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-25 points for quality; 0-25 points for complexity; 0-25 points for creativity; 0-25 points for overall impression.
- The entrant whose Entry receives the most points in a given category shall be the winner (the “Winner”).
- In the unlikely event of a tie, Sponsor’s representatives shall break the tie in their sole discretion.
B. Notification to Winner. The Winners will be notified by an announcement at the Event.
C. Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
A. Description of Prizes.5,000 Sansar Dollars (estimated value at US$50) will be awarded to the winner of each of the following categories:
- Best Looking Avatar
- Funniest Avatar
- Most Surreal Avatar
- Most Innovative Avatar
- Best Original Design
An Entry may not win more than one category. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
B. Estimated Total Prize package value: US$50. Exact value will be determined upon SandeX Exchange rates.
C. Winner will be contacted via public announcement at the Event. If the Winner is not present at the Event, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to another winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
D. No substitutions of the prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted by the Winner. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value for any reason.
E. All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
F. Winner may have a screenshot, video or gif of their Entry recorded and his/her username posted on the official Sansar sites, including but not limited to:
In addition, the Event will be live-streamed to http://www.Twitch.tv/SansarOfficial
Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Winner hereby give Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, and Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prize, the Contest, or Sansar, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, Sansar or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to you other than that set out herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Winner will be given an opportunity to decline inclusion in such advertising and promotions without affecting their eligibility to receive the prizes.
G. Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim prizes. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits.
H. Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
I. There shall not be more than one prize per person.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
A. You represent and warrant that your Entry is:
- Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
- Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an Entry.
B. By entering into this contest, each participant agrees to:
- Comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by private message and/or email; and
- Sign any requested documentation set forth in Section 5 herein (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor), including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that your Entry is a winning Entry.
C. Illegible, incomplete, duplicate and mechanically reproduced Entries will be disqualified.
D. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Participants ineligible.
E. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
F. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Participant's eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other Contest run by Sponsor.
G. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select a Winner from Entries received prior to the action taken.
H. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
A. By entering into this contest, each participant agrees to: (a) release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, costs, injuries, losses and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation or inability to participate in the Contest, acceptance or use or inability to use a prize, misuse of prize, exploitation or use of entry; and (b) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
B. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be exclusively resolved under the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict to law rules, and by the courts located in San Francisco, California.
C. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability, any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; typographical, printing or other errors.
D. For residents of the EU: The provisions of B and C of this Section do not apply to claims against Sponsor, its representatives and its vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsor, its representatives or vicarious agents. In such circumstances, the release will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
E. Winner(s) acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
B. Any personal data you submit in association with this Contest will be stored on a server in the United States of America. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acknowledgement to the storage of your personal data in the United States of America and its use there for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing (e.g., but not limited to back-up, archiving). This server is controlled by the Sponsor who is nota participant in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Framework. Your personal data will be stored on these servers and used for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing of Entries. For more information about how Sponsor gathers, uses, processes, stores and discloses your information, including personal information, in conjunction with your access and use of Sansar and this Contest, please go to http://www.lindenlab.com/privacy.
C. By entering this Contest, you (or, on behalf of a minor entrant, your parent or guardian) agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as the potential Winner and for prize delivery.
D. For European Union Residents:
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the European Union, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In accordance with applicable law and subject to any exemptions provided by law, your controls, rights and choices may include:
- Correct or Update: You may correct or update your personal data or you may also ask us to change or update your data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate;
- Delete: You may ask us to erase or delete all or some your personal data;
- Object to, Limit or Restrict use of Personal Data: You may ask us to stop using all or some your personal data or to limit our use of it;
- You may choose whether to receive offers and promotions, or other marketing, from us for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you, and you have a right to object to Linden Lab’s use of your personal data for this purpose at any time;
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You may request access to the personal data Sponsor holds about you and you may ask for a copy of your personal data in machine-readable form.
E. If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise your rights under GDPR by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing your request.
9. WINNER LIST.The Winner's name and/or usernames may be posted on the official Sansar site, Sansar community forum and/or Facebook page. After August 5, 2018, the Winners’ names and/or usernames can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Linden Research, Inc., ATTN: Community, 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111. Do not send Entries or other correspondence to this address.
10. SEVERABILITY.In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
11. SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Linden Research, Inc., 945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
© 2018 Linden Research, Inc. Linden Lab, Sansar, and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.