Everyone in Sansar has a user profile, a one page overview of their Sansar identity that includes their avatar name and ID, a brief autobiography, a link to their Sansar Store, and links to any experiences they have listed in the Atlas. You can also use someone's profile to add them as a friend, send them a message, or report them for inappropriate behavior or content.
To view someone's profile in Sansar:
- Select Socialize > Friends & people from the main menu to open the People panel.
- On any tab of the People panel, click someone's name to open their profile in a new panel.
|Click someone's name in the People panel to open their profile in a new panel.|
Notes: You can also view someone's profile by clicking on the user's image in chat or the quest info panel.
While viewing a profile, you may notice the following elements:
- Portrait - A picture of the person's avatar, surrounded by a decorative frame.
- Mute button - Represented by a microphone icon over the portrait; click to mute or unmute this person.
- Avatar name - The person's current Avatar Name.
- Avatar ID - Move your mouse cursor over the person's Avatar name to view their permanent Avatar ID.
- Current Location - Lists the person's location, if available.
- Message - Send a message to this person. Available only if you are friends.
- Teleport to Friend - Teleport to the person if they are your friend and are in an accessible location.
- Gift - Send Sansar dollars to the person.
- Friend or Unfriend - Click to either request or end friendship.
- Report - Report this person for inappropriate content or behavior. Opens the reporting interface on the Sansar website.
- Block or Unblock - Block the person's avatar and voice chat. Click again to unblock.
- Bio - A short autobiography that this person has written about themselves.
Click the Creations tab of the profile to see the following additional information:
- Experiences - Lists the number of experiences this person has listed in the Atlas. Click Experiences to view the Atlas listings on the Sansar website.
- Store - Lists the number of items this person has listed in the Sansar Store. Click Store to visit their store on the Sansar website.
- Snapshots - Lists the number of snapshots this person has shared. Click Snapshots to view the snapshots on the Sansar website.
|Viewing a profile.||Click the Creations tab to see the experiences, Store listings, and snapshots this person has created.|
- Avatar name and ID
- Bio (if provided)
- Store listings
- Shared snapshots (captured using the Screenshot app)
- Experience listings
- Add or remove friendship
While browsing the Atlas or viewing a specific item listing in the Sansar Store, you can:
- Hover your mouse over the creator's name for a pop-up with abridged profile information. You can click the creator's name in this pop-up to visit their full profile on the web.
- Click the creator's name to visit the web-based version of their profile.
|Note: If you click a creator's name in the Sansar Store's search results, you are instead taken to the creator's store page. You must view a specific listing in order to access the creator's profile page.|
|When hovering your mouse over a creator's name in the Atlas or a Store listing, an abridged version of their profile appears.|
To begin editing your profile in Sansar, select Socialize > Edit my profile from the main menu. This opens your profile for editing. At this time, you may change your portrait and add a brief bio about yourself. Store and Atlas listings are added automatically based on your published listings.
|Note: You may only edit your profile while in Sansar; you cannot currently edit your profile using the Sansar website.|
|Click Socialize > Edit my profile to begin editing your profile.|
To change your portrait while editing your profile:
- Click the Update Profile Picture button that appears under your existing portrait.
- Choose one of the available thumbnails to represent you in your profile. The thumbnails are generated automatically based on the looks you have saved in the Lookbook. See Customizing your avatar for more info on creating looks for yourself.
- Click Select to finalize your choice.
- Click Save to publish the changes you have made to your profile.
To add a brief autobiography while editing your profile, enter some text into the Bio section. This text is saved when you finish editing your profile and click the Save button.
|Editing a user profile.|