In addition to the basic moderation tools already available, Sansar provides additional tools that give you moderation control over your experiences.
As an experience owner, you have the power to kick users out of your experience if they are causing abuse or griefing. To kick a user out of your experience:
- While visiting the experience, go to Nearby Chat.
- In the input field, type the command
%%Kick <Avatar ID>, where
<Avatar ID>is replaced with the user's Avatar ID. For example, if a user's Avatar ID is @carrot, type %%Kick carrot. This kicks the user out of the experience.
|Note: Always remember to kick a user using their Avatar ID and not their Avatar Name. For more information on how to differentiate an Avatar ID from an Avatar Name, see Avatar Name and Avatar ID.|
Keep in mind that the
%%Kick functionality is only available to the experience owner while visiting the experience. Any visiting users that are not the experience owner will not be able to kick a user out of the experience. Additionally, the command cannot be triggered in private chat, or from outside of the experience (such as from the Atlas).
When triggered, the named user is kicked out of the experience, but not necessarily banned from re-entering the experience. This means that the user can still come back to the experience at any time. If an abusive user keeps coming back, we highly recommend adding the user's name to the ban list before kicking them out of the experience. See Banning users from an experience on how to keep users out of your experience.
|Note: As the experience owner, you cannot kick yourself or any Linden Lab employee out of an experience.|
To find out who is in your current experience, type
%%who in Nearby chat. This lists the Avatar IDs of all the users who are currently in the experience. This is helpful for figuring out which users to kick, ban or grant access to.
To ban a user from an experience, you need to add the user's Avatar ID to the ban list. To add a user to the ban list:
- Access the publishing options panel from the My Experiences app.
- Under your chosen experience in the My Experiences panel, click the Publishing options button.
- Under Who can visit, click Edit list next to Banned users are never allowed to visit.
- In the Edit ban list panel, click Add.
- In the Add Someone panel, type the user's full Avatar ID and click Search.
- Select a name from the search results and click Add selected.
- Repeat as many times as you like until all banned users are added.
- Click Done to close the Add Someone panel.
- Click Save to save your list and close the Edit Guest List or Edit ban list panel.
Kicking a user does not automatically ban that user from an experience. Likewise, adding a user to the ban list does not automatically kick them out from the experience either.
|Note: Adding users to the ban list can be done at any time as long as you have access to the My Experiences app. You may also remove users from the list at any time.|
As an experience owner, you also have control over who has access to your experience. Using the publishing options panel from the My Experiences app, you can set the experience so that it is accessible to:
- Everyone - Anyone can visit the experience, as long as they have not been banned.
- Friends only - Anyone who is on your friends list.
- Guest list - Anyone added on the Guest list.
- Only me - Only you are allowed to visit the experience.
|Note: See Publishing options for experiences to learn how to control who has access to an experience.|
You can also choose to publish your experience in the Atlas or keep it hidden. Keep in mind that even if your experience is published in the Atlas, its visibility will dependent upon who you defined under the Who can visit section in the publishing options panel. Only those who have access will see the experience in the Atlas. The same goes for hidden experiences. If special access controls have been set, only those who were given access can enter the experience through the link provided.
|Note: Defining who has access can be done at any time as long as you have access to the My Experiences app.|