Avatar emotes are short, predefined animations that your avatar can perform in order to non-verbally express emotions and sentiments. Emotes are triggered by using the Emotes menu or by entering commands in Nearby chat while in VR or Desktop mode.
|An avatar performing the /clap emote.|
The Emotes menu allows you to choose from the list of available emotes rather than typing them into Nearby chat. To access the Emotes menu, choose Socialize > Emotes from the main menu, or press Ctrl + E on your keyboard while in an experience. To dismiss the Emotes menu, click the X in the center of the menu.
|Access the Emotes menu by choosing Socialize > Emotes from the main menu or by pressing Ctrl + E while in an experience. Click an emote in the list to make your avatar perform the animation. To dismiss the Emotes menu, click the X in the center of the menu.|
Here is a list of avatar emotes that are currently available. Enter them in the Chat panel and press Enter to trigger them, or choose from the Emotes menu. Each avatar emote falls under one of two avatar emote types:
- Upper body emotes
- Full body emotes
|Note: It is possible to replace the animations played by these emotes with custom animations that you either import to Sansar or purchase from the Sansar Store. See Overriding emotes with custom animation for more information.|
Upper body emotes
Upper body emotes play for a short period of time when triggered. To play it again, you must enter or trigger the command again. Since these emotes are upper body in nature, it can be mixed with different movements on the lower half of the body. For example, the animation may be triggered while standing, walking, running, sitting, or while triggering a full body animation:
Here's the list of upper body emotes:
- /cheer - Causes your avatar to play a cheering animation.
- /clap - Causes your avatar to clap its hands for a few seconds.
- /lol - Causes your avatar to perform a laughing animation.
- /point - Causes your avatar to make a pointing gesture.
- /raisehand - Causes your avatar to raise its hand.
- /thumbsup - Causes your avatar to give a "thumbs up" gesture.
- /wave - Causes your avatar to wave its hand.
Full body emotes
Full body emotes play indefinitely. You may pair upper body emotes while a full body emote is playing. To stop the animation, make your avatar move or do another full body animation. Due to this, a full body emote cannot play while standing
Here's a list of full body emotes:
- /sit - Causes your avatar to sit down cross-legged indefinitely.
- /sit2 - Causes your avatar to sit seiza-style (a kneeling-style sit) indefinitely.
- /dance - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely unless stopped. The animation randomly plays one of the following dance animations, which can also be triggered individually:
- /dance1 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in one style.
- /dance2 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
- /dance3 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
- /dance4 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
- /dance5 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
- /dance6 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
|Note: As of November 7, 2018, /dance will cycle between the animations set to all dance emote commands. /dance randomizes all the set animations even if the avatar is already performing another animation.|
To learn how to overwrite an avatar emote, see Previewing and setting custom emotes.
To learn how to import avatar emotes, see Importing a custom emote animation.