Avatar emotes are short, predefined animations that your avatar can perform in order to non-verbally express emotions and sentiments. Emotes are triggered by entering commands in Nearby chat while in Desktop mode.
|An avatar performing the /clap emote.|
List of avatar emotes
Here is a list of avatar emotes that are currently available. Enter them in the Chat app and press Enter to trigger them.
Emotes that play for a short period of time when triggered. These emotes may be triggered while standing, walking, running, dancing, or sitting:
- /cheer - Causes your avatar to play a cheering animation.
- /clap - Causes your avatar to clap its hands for a few seconds.
- /lol - Causes your avatar to perform a laughing animation.
- /point - Causes your avatar to make a pointing gesture.
- /raisehand - Causes your avatar to raise its hand.
- /thumbsup - Causes your avatar to give a "thumbs up" gesture.
- /wave - Causes your avatar to wave its hand.
Emotes that play indefinitely. To stop the animation, make your avatar move or do another full body animation:
- /sit - Causes your avatar to sit down cross-legged indefinitely.
- /sit2 - Causes your avatar to sit seiza-style (a kneeling-style sit) indefinitely.
- /dance - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely unless stoped. The animation randomly plays /dance1 or /dance2.
- /dance1 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in one style.
- /dance2 - Causes your avatar to dance indefinitely in another style.
|Note: /dance only plays randomly if your avatar is not in a dancing state. If your avatar is already dancing, randomization will not be triggered.|