SimpleScript is a new base class that offers an easy start to simple script writing. The example script, Simple Script (SimpleScriptExample.cs), is a more complex script example utilizing this new base class.
This script shows how you can use the new script base. The example itself does not have any editable properties when added to a scene in Sansar. However, when added to a scene and attach it to an object, you will be able to get the following :
- Users who enter the experience get a welcome message.
- Logs when people leave the experience.
- Resets its position 5 times a second if the object is dynamic.
- Logs when anyone bumps into the object.
- Logs when any other script sends it a message.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using the script:
- Download the script files from the download link at the end of this article.
- Follow the instructions provided in Working with scripts to upload the scripts to your inventory.
- Drag the scripts to the scene and attach each script to an object. Remember, you may add as many detectors as you wish.
- There are no parameters for these scripts, so once you finish adding the scripts to your scene, save and build your scene.
- To test the script, visit the scene once it has been built.
|Note: These files are also available in the client folder: Program Files > Sansar > Client > Script API > Examples|
Creative Commons License
This content is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. When using this content, you must:
- Acknowledge that the content is from the Sansar Knowledge Base.
- Include our copyright notice: "© 2017 Linden Research, Inc."
- Indicate that the content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
Include the URL for, or link to, the license summary at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.hi (and, if possible, to the complete license terms at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode.
"This work uses content from the Sansar Knowledge Base. © 2017 Linden Research, Inc. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (license summary available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ and complete license terms available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode)."