The main menu provides access to most of Sansar's panels and features, including the Codex, avatar customization, chat, and settings.
In desktop mode, the main menu appears as a set of icons at the left side of the screen. In VR mode, you can press the Y button (Oculus Rift) or Left Menu button (HTC Vive) on your VR controller to access the main menu on your left wrist.
|Note: The available functions in the main menu may vary depending upon whether you are in VR or Desktop mode, and whether you are visiting or editing a scene.|
|In desktop mode, the main menu can be found on the right hand side of the screen while visiting a world or editing a scene.|
|In VR, the main menu appears on your left wrist when you press Y or the left Menu button, depending upon your VR controller setup.|
The main menu is divided into five categories, each containing several functions:
- Codex - Opens your Codex, a directory of worlds you have visited.
- Quests - Opens the Quests panel, which lists your current quests and objectives.
- Events - Opens your Codex to the Events section, allowing you to browse current and upcoming events in Sansar.
- My event calendar - Opens your Codex directly to your calendar, which contains events you have previously saved.
- Favorite places - Opens your Codex directly to the Favorites tab, which contains worlds you have bookmarked as favorites.
- Home - Immediately transports you to your private Home space.
- Chat - Opens the Chat panel, which allows you to send chat messages to friends and nearby people in your current world.
- Emotes - Opens the Emotes interface, which allows your avatar to play brief animations.
- Friends & people - Opens the People panel, which displays your friends list and nearby people in your current world.
- My profile - Allows you to edit your publicly visible user profile.
- Take a photo - Allows you to take a screenshot. Includes specific tools for taking screenshots for the Codex and the Sansar Store.
- Style my avatar - Opens your collection of avatar looks and customizations. From here you can customize your existing avatars or import a new one.
- Host an event - Opens the Events panel and automatically opens the Create Event panel to allow you to create your own event.
- Build worlds - Opens the My Worlds panel, which lists the worlds you have created and allows you to create new ones.
- Create Quests - Opens the Quest Creator panel, which allows you to begin creating your own quests.
- Learn to build - Opens your web browser to this knowledge base, specifically to the Creating in Sansar category.
- Edit this scene - If you own the scene you are visiting, you can choose this option to enter edit mode and begin editing the scene.
- Avatar looks - Opens the Sansar Store to the Avatar Looks category.
- Scene creation - Opens the Sansar Store to the Scene creation category.
- Buy Sansar dollars - Opens the Buy Sansar Dollars panel, which offers Sansar dollar bundles for US dollars.
- My items for sale - Opens your web browser to the Manage Listings page, which shows all items you are currently selling in the Sansar Store.
- Full screen/Exit full screen - Enter and exit full screen mode.
- Settings - Opens the Settings panel, which allows you to tweak and troubleshoot various options in the Sansar client.
- Desktop controls - Shows a diagram of keyboard and mouse controls for using and navigating Sansar.
- VR controls - Shows a diagram of VR controls for using and navigating Sansar.
- Diagnostics - Overlays the diagnostics toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Help & Reporting - Provides specific version information about Sansar and provides links for finding help and reporting abuse.
- Log out - Log out of Sansar.
Toggle your microphone for voice chat. This menu object does not have any additional functions.