Marvelous Designer is a third-party modeling tool that allows the easy creation of 3D virtual clothing using patterns, like those used in sewing. Sansar integrates some of Marvelous Designer's technology, allowing you to import clothing from Marvelous Designer and use its cloth simulation feature to adjust the fit of your clothing exactly how you want it. Roll up sleeves, smooth out wrinkles, or pop your collar!
Once you have purchased or uploaded some Marvelous Designer clothing, you can add it to your avatar the same way you would add any other piece of clothing or accessory:
- Open the Lookbook by clicking the Lookbook button in the App Launcher.
- Select an avatar from the Lookbook and click Customize.
- Click the Clothing tab to view your available clothing. Marvelous designer clothing is marked with a Marvelous Designer "M" logo.
- Click the thumbnails in the clothing tab to add or remove articles of clothing. Note that there is currently a limit on the number of pieces of clothing you can wear at one time.
|Marvelous Designer clothing is marked with an "M" logo.|
Once you are wearing some Marvelous Designer clothing, you can adjust it using cloth simulation:
- While customizing your look, click Simulate Cloth. Your avatar enters a "T" pose.
Click Simulate Cloth to begin adjusting the garment's fit.
- Click the clothing with your mouse and drag it to re-position any part of an article of Marvelous Designer clothing. As you pull one section, the rest of the garment shifts accordingly as cloth would.
- When you are finished adjusting your clothing, click Stop Simulation to finalize your clothing adjustments. Note that cloth simulation is not currently possible while visiting a scene; you must make all clothing adjustments while customizing your look in the Lookbook.
|Click and drag while simulating cloth to adjust a garment's fit and position.|
Sansar also supports rigged mesh clothing, which is designed to move with your avatar's skeleton and does not include cloth simulation. Rigged mesh and Marvelous Designer clothing may be worn together, and Marvelous Designer clothing can be worn over rigged mesh clothing, and in most cases the cloth simulation can stretch or drape a Marvelous Designer garment around the rigged mesh clothing.
It is possible for clothing to interpenetrate, or "poke through" other clothing under certain circumstances. Typically, Sansar avoids this issue by hiding any clothing or body parts that are covered by a layer of clothing. However, any layer of clothing that includes transparency prevents the layer underneath from being hidden.
For example, if your avatar wears a shirt with a hole in it, Sansar must also show the avatar's torso behind the shirt and cannot hide the torso as it normally would. During certain animations, this can cause unexpected overlap or interpenetration between the avatar and layered clothing as they move in slightly different ways.