The Atlas allows you to browse through a full list of experiences that have been made public by their creators. If you know the name of an experience you would like to visit (or the name of the experience's creator), you can search for them in the Atlas as well.
When you find an experience you would like to explore, click the Visit button on its Atlas listing.
You can also visit experiences by clicking their experience link, which is a special kind of hyperlink that allows you to visit an experience regardless of whether it has been listed in the Atlas. Experience links may often be found on web pages or in text chat.
For further information about the Atlas, see The Atlas app.
Once you arrive in an experience, you may wish to move around and explore. You can walk, run, or teleport your avatar, as well as interact with dynamic objects.
For a full listing of controls, see Sansar controls.
|Walking and running are the simplest ways to get around in an experience.|
Walking or running is the simplest way to move short distances in Sansar:
- Keyboard - To make your avatar walk, use the arrow keys or W, A, S, and D. To run, press and hold one of those keys in the direction you would like to run.
- VR controller or game controller - Use the left thumbstick or left trackpad. To run, press the left thumbstick while moving or (on HTC Vive) press and hold the left trackpad.
|An avatar using the targeting beam to select a teleport destination and facing.|
Teleporting allows you to move longer distances easily, and lets you bypass obstacles that you would not otherwise be able to traverse on foot.
- Keyboard - Hold the Shift key to activate a targeting beam and use your mouse to select a destination. You can adjust your facing direction at the end of the teleport by using the mouse wheel. Click the left mouse button to teleport to the targeted spot.
- Gamepad - Hold the right trigger to activate the targeting beam, use the right stick to select your destination, and use the left stick to adjust your facing at the and of the teleport. Release the right trigger to teleport to the targeted spot.
- Oculus Rift controller - Hold A or X to activate the targeting beam, which emanates from your hand, use the stick on the opposite controller to adjust your facing at the end of the teleport, and then release the button to teleport.
- HTC Vive controller - Hold Forward/Up on the right trackpad to activate the targeting beam, select a facing by moving your thumb on the trackpad while still holding down, and release the trackpad to teleport.
|An avatar "holding" a dynamic object in desktop mode. Note that there are currently no avatar animations for holding objects while in desktop mode. In VR, avatars may appear as if they are holding the item.|
Dynamic objects in Sansar obey the laws of physics and can be moved by avatars and other objects. Using VR controls or a keyboard and mouse, you can pick up and throw dynamic objects.
- Keyboard - Move close to the object and click it with your mouse to pick it up. You can drop or throw the object by clicking the mouse again. The longer you hold the mouse button before releasing, the farther you throw the object.
- Gamepad - Move close to the object and press the A button to pick it up. If there is more than one dynamic object nearby, you can choose between them by pressing left and right on the D-pad. To drop or throw an object you are holding, press the A button again. The longer you hold the button before releasing, the farther you throw the object.
- Oculus Rift controller - When near a dynamic object, reach for it and hold one of the grip buttons to grasp the object. You can drop the object again by releasing the grip button.
- HTC Vive controller - When near a dynamic object, reach for it and hold one of the Trigger buttons to grasp the object. You can drop the object again by releasing the trigger button.
|Note: It is possible to grab a dynamic object from another avatar's hand. This makes it easier to hand an object back and forth, but please be respectful of other peoples' activities.|
You can use the Atlas to get an experience link. Experience links allow you to share the experience with others, either in chat or outside Sansar on a website, email, or messenger application. When someone clicks an experience link, they can view the experience's Atlas page and choose to visit the experience.
To get an experience link:
- Click the Atlas button to open the Atlas.
- Select an experience from the Atlas and click on the image to bring up the experience details page.
- Select the Copy URL button.
- The link is placed on your clipboard.
- You can paste the link into Chat, email, or a webpage. People can click on the link to visit that experience without needing to find it in the Atlas.
|Click the Copy URL button to copy an experience's link to your computer's clipboard. You can then paste the link in an email, webpage, or chat message.|