Discord acts as an extension of our community, allowing you to chat with other Sansar users, make friends, and plan meet-ups in real time. Discord works on the web, a desktop app, and a mobile app, so you can stay connected with the Sansar community wherever you are. Discord keeps you connected with the community, whether you are at home or on the go.
To join the Sansar Discord community, you must first link your Sansar account with your Discord account. Link your accounts.
If you don’t already have a Discord account, you are be prompted to create a new one as part of the linking process. Alternatively, you can visit the Discord registration page to create an account.
Once you have created your Discord account, make sure to verify your email address so your account is secure.
- Connect your Sansar account with Discord.
- Click on the link provided on the page to begin the linking process.
- The Discord login page appears. Enter your existing Discord credentials and log in. If you do not have a Discord account yet, create one by clicking on the register button.
Note: If you are already logged in on your Discord account, you are automatically directed to Step #4. If you don't have a Discord account yet and create one during the linking process, be sure to check your email and confirm Discord's verification email.
- Once you are logged in, Discord asks for authorization to link your Sansar and Discord accounts. Click Authorize to link your accounts.
The authorization page.
- Once you have authorized and linked the accounts, you are directed to a page that confirms that the accounts are now linked.
- Click the link provided, go to discordapp.com, or open your Discord app to join the Sansar Discord community.
Discord needs to be granted access to the following:
- Access your username and avatar - To record which Discord account is linked with a particular Sansar account, as well as, set your nickname on the Sansar Discord Community appropriately.
- Join servers for you - To create and immediately accept an invite to the Sansar Discord community on your behalf. This is only done once when you link accounts.
When you are on the Sansar Discord server, there are two names associated with the account: your nickname and username.
When you link your Sansar account with your Discord account, your Sansar Avatar ID is pulled into the Discord server and is used by the Discord system to identify you.
|Your nickname and username on Discord.|
In the Sansar Discord community, your nickname should always show your Sansar Avatar ID and cannot be changed. However, you can change your Discord username, if you so desired. To change your username:
- Go to My Account under User Settings.
- Click the Edit button located beside your username.
- Enter your desired new username and click Save. You may be asked to enter your current password to change your username.
There are a few cases wherein the Discord server may cause your nickname to disappear from your profile. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact the support team for assistance.
|Experiencing issues while trying to join the Discord community?|
If you get this error message, your Avatar ID is likely the same as your username. Normally, you should not encounter any issues with having the same Avatar ID (nickname) as your username. However, there are times, especially when relinking your account, wherein the Discord server may get confused with setting your nickname. If you hit this issue, simply log into your Discord account and change your username. Once your username is different from your Avatar ID, the server should be able to set your nickname and allow you to link your account. If you are still experiencing this issue, please contact the support team for assistance.
Do not be alarmed if you have left the Sansar Discord community and still see your Discord information on the page. The Sansar account page always shows the latest Discord account linked to your Sansar account.
Yes, you can always come back and join the Sansar Discord community. Be sure to have an active Discord account and go through the Discord linking process again.
The Sansar Discord server is considered an extension of Sansar. This means that it is also subject to the same Terms of Service, Community Standards or Content Guidelines as Sansar. Misconduct in the Sansar Discord server and in Sansar will be filed against your Sansar account.