It is possible to link an existing world to a different scene template after the world has been created or after a linked scene is deleted from the world. This can be used to easily update, back up, or completely change the content of a world without breaking existing links to the world or needing to publish a new world.
To link an existing world to a new scene layout:
- Go to the My Worlds panel.
- Select the world that you want to link a scene to.
- Click More Options for that world, which opens a popup menu.
- In the popup menu, choose Link to another scene.
Select Link to another scene.
- This opens a dialog where you can link your world to a new scene template. From the dropdown menu, choose a new scene template or choose 'no scene' if you want to unlink the current scene from the world.
Choose a scene from the dropdown menu. Note: See scene template tags below to know more about the tags: (unpublished) and (in use).
- Once you selected a scene to link, click Replace to change the scene template linked to the world you are managing.
Here is a list of tags that may be attached to your scene template in the scene dropdown menu:
- (unpublished) - The selected scene must first be built before it can be used in a world. You can build your scene in the Scene Editor.
- (in use) - If you choose a scene that is already linked to another world, the scene is reassigned to the new world and is unlinked from the older world.
- (current) - The selected scene is the currently linked scene for this world.
- no tag - Unused scenes have no tags attached to the scene in the dropdown menu.