To use Sansar, you must first register to join the Sansar Creator Beta. Joining the Sansar Creator Beta is quick and easy. There are currently two parts to setting up your account, which are processed in both the Sansar website and client.
- First, go to the registration page.
- Fill out the required information on the registration page.
Create your account on the registration page. Note: The name you provided on the registration page is collected for user account record purposes only and does not appear in any way in the Sansar client or website.
- Once your information is filled out, click Create Account.
- You are sent an email to verify your email address.
- Open the verification email in your mail inbox and click the Verify Email Address button. This opens a page where you are prompted to enter your password.
The Verify Email Address opens the verification page.
- After submitting your password on the verification page, you can now use your email address and password to log into the Sansar client, where you need to continue with the second part of the account creation process.
Naming your avatar is a crucial step in Sansar. Without an Avatar Name and Avatar ID, you are barred from performing certain functions such as purchasing from the Sansar store, participating in the community forums, or submitting a request in our help center.
To create an Avatar Name and Avatar ID:
- Log into the Sansar client using your email and password.
- Once you are logged in, you are prompted to enter a name.
- In the Avatar Name field, type the name you want users to know you by. This name does not need to be unique.
- As you type a name in the Avatar Name field, the Avatar ID field is populated with a similar (but unique) version of the name you designated. If you wish to choose a different Avatar ID, click the Avatar ID field and type your desired ID. Your Avatar ID must be unique.
- Once you are satisfied with your name and ID choices, click the Next button. This creates, binds, and links your Avatar Name and Avatar ID to your account. Take note that once you click the Next button, your name and ID are unchangeable.
You can read more about the Avatar Name and Avatar ID and their uses here.