If another person is acting belligerent, annoying, or otherwise disruptive in chat, you can choose to mute that person, effectively silencing their voice chat for you personally. Others can still see and hear someone you have muted (and the muted person can still hear you) unless they have also chosen to mute that person. Muted avatars remain visible to everyone.
Muting currently persists as long as you stay logged into the Sansar client; once you close Sansar and log back in, you must mute the same people again.
Take the following steps in desktop mode to mute an avatar:
- Open the Chat app by pressing Chat on the app launcher.
- Open the People app by pressing People on the Chat app.
- Click the person's name in the Nearby tab (or Friends tab if the person is your friend) to show interaction options.
- Click Mute to silence all voice chat from that person.
|Click Mute on the People app to silence all voice chat from the selected person.|
Take the following steps in VR mode to mute an avatar:
- Look at the avatar and hold one of the grip buttons to view their identity and interaction options.
- Press Mute to silence all chat from that person.
|Press Mute when looking at an avatar in VR mode and holding a grip button to silence all voice chat from that person.|