Uploading items into your inventory in Sansar is done by using the Upload tool that can be found on the Inventory panel when editing a scene.
The Upload button.
Uploading items in Sansar
- To start uploading an item into Sansar, first enter edit mode by clicking the Edit scene button on any of your projects under the My Experiences App.
- Once your scene loads, look at the Inventory panel at the bottom of the screen. Click Upload on the right side of the Inventory panel. This opens the Upload a File panel.
Upload a File panel.
- In the Upload a File panel, click Browse under Supported file types.
- Once the browse panel is open, select the file from your drive. For information on what file types Sansar supports, see supported file types below.
- (Optional) If you are uploading a 3D model, we encourage you to add a collision mesh to make your objects dynamic in the Scene. Click Browse under Add a collision mesh to add a .fbx file and to use it as the object's collision volume. For more information, please see 3D model Import Tips.
- Under the Item name in Inventory, enter an appropriate name for the item. Keep in mind that this name can not be changed once the item has been uploaded in Sansar.
Note: If you are a seller who plans to sell items in the Sansar Store, make sure to think about the name of your item carefully. The Item Name is the name that appears in the buyer's inventory once they have purchased the item.
- Once you are ready to upload your item to Sansar, press Upload.
- A status panel appears as your item uploads into Sansar. Press Close on the status panel once this upload process is complete.
- Once your file is uploaded, you can find it in the Inventory panel under the All or Created tab.
Currently, the Upload button allows you to import the following item types. Click on the following links for tips on uploading each file type into Sansar and adding them into your Scene:
Have more questions? Submit a request