You must adhere to the following guidelines for publishing experiences on the Atlas (each an “experience”). These guidelines aim to help you publish experiences effectively so that users can quickly and easily find what they're looking for.
Table of Contents:
All experiences published on the Atlas must adhere to the Content Guidelines.
Experiences published on the Atlas must not:
- Be empty.
- Contain any references to Linden Lab, Sansar, Second Life, or any Linden Lab-related terminology that may imply a false relationship with or sponsorship, endorsement, or employment by Linden Lab.
The following requirements apply to all text associated with experiences:
- Only alphanumeric and basic punctuation characters, such as commas, periods, slashes, colons, dashes, underscores, and quotation marks are allowed. Sansar does not support international and other special characters at this time.
- Senseless or excessively repetitive use of characters, in Linden Lab’s sole discretion, is prohibited.
- Avoid replacing letters with special characters or numbers (e.g., replacing “A” with “@” or “I” with “1”). You will want to make it easy for your item to appear in search results.
- There should be no leading, trailing, or creeping white spaces.
- Control characters and line feeds are not allowed.
- References and links to external websites or stores are not allowed.
Each experience name must:
- Adhere to a character limit of 100 characters maximum (including spaces)
- Be clear and accurate in order to make it easy for users to find your experience in the Atlas.
- Contain detailed descriptions instead of general terms. For example, instead of using “House” as a name, use something more specific such as “The Witch’s House” or “Kit’s House”.
- Contain spaces in between words.
|Sample Experience Names:|
|Acceptable||The Highlands, [Branding or Username] The Highlands|
|Not Allowed||////The Highlands\\\\, TheHighlands, The Highl@nds, !@#@$/)(%|
Each experience description must:
- Adhere to a character limit of 1,023 characters maximum (including spaces).
- Describe the experience clearly, honestly, and accurately. Keyword spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Not contain leading, trailing or creeping white spaces; however, paragraphs are allowed.
Each image file must:
- Be in PNG format.
- Contain an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Not exceed a maximum file size of 10 MB.
- Not exceed image dimensions as follow:
- Minimum Dimensions: 480 pixels wide x 270 pixels tall
- Maximum Dimensions: 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels tall
- Accurately represent the experience and must not be misleading.
- Be taken from within the experience.
- Not include borders, watermarks, logos, links or inset images.
- Not include the Sansar logo, user interface, or other controls.
- Should make your Experience stand out! We recommend the use of bright colors, interesting angles, and the like to make your Experience attractive.
- May contain text; however, refrain from making it the focus of your image.
Effective: July 28, 2017